PERSONAL SECURITY DETAIL TRAINING (PSD)
Executive Protection State Department Type Training.
This intensive 7-day course is designed to prepare individuals to provide high-risk security operations in NON-permissive environments (Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, Pakistan, etc.). The procedures and tactics presented during the training are the same methods used when providing security in today’s most demanding locations. Real-world scenarios based on documented events and their own experiences during overseas operations.
- Advanced firearm skills (handgun/carbine)
- GPS navigation (Garmin)
- Basic land warfare and force-on-force attack drills
- Route selection and attack recognition
- High-risk urban movement
- Foreign firearm familiarization
- High-risk foot formations
- High-risk advances and two- and three-car arrivals and departures
- Vehicle evacuations and open-air rescues
- Radio procedures
- Unarmed combatives
- Pistol with three high-capacity (15+round) magazines or five lower-capacity (7-8 round) magazines
- Carbine with sling and three high-capacity (15+round) magazines
- Magazine pouches with the ability to hold at least three magazines for each firarm system on your body at one time
- Hearing and eye protection (clear required, tinted recommended)
- Cover shirt and civilian clothes (no army fatigues)
- Quality drop leg holster with retention ability
- Low-profile holster (inside the pants or paddle type)
- Soft body armor
- GPS (Garmin 60 or equivalent)
- Small hand-held flashlight
- Rain and cold-weather gear
- No cross-draw or appendix-carry holsters
500 pistol rounds and 1,000 carbine rounds
Skill Requirements: Pistol/Carbine, Carbine Operator or equivalent. Students for this class will be pre-approved for course participation by Oodaloop Instructors. The course is both mentally and physically challenging and will require each student to be well-trained with a handgun and carbine rifle. Participants MUST have advanced marksmanship skills prior to attending. Students will be removed from the course without refund if they do not meet firearms and physical standards (see below).
Firearms Skills: Familiarity with reloading or clearing malfunctions of either firearm system, familiarity with sight-in procedures and adjustments of the carbine. Course participant must have the ability to shoot a three-inch target, at three yards, five times consecutively with a pistol. In addition, the student must have the ability to sight-in an M4 within five volleys of three rounds.